Tewkesbury is is situated at the confluence of the rivers Severn and Avon in North Gloucestershire, England. Severn and Avon
The name Tewkesbury is derived from the Saxon hermit Theoc who is believed to have settled on the site now occupied by Tewkesbury Abbey in the 7th century. The town became known as Theocsbury which has since become Tewkesbury. The Abbey dates from its initial consecrtaion in 1121 and has undergone several major changes since then.